Cleaning Solutions To Prevent or Reduce Allergies
Sometimes carpet cleaning does more than just make the appearance better. Quality steam cleaning can help reduce the allergens, pet dander, and dust mites that exist in your carpeting. If you are suffering from poor air quality in your home one of the first things, you should consider is professional steam cleaning of your carpets, rugs, furniture, upholstery, mattresses, and drapes. Steam is excellent at killing bacteria, viruses, and small parasites like dust-mites. In addition to plain steam-cleaning additional products can be pre-sprayed into the carpet and post sprayed for more aggressive allergen control.
We Use a Special Allergy Relief Treatment
Our anti-allergy treatment consists of a specially formulated pre-spray that pre-treats the carpets not only for carpet soil but also the trapped allergens that are in the carpet fibers. As we are steam cleaning, we run an anti-allergy solution through the steam. Finally, after the carpets are cleaned, we spray a topical anti-allergy treatment on the carpets that will offer denaturing capabilities for weeks to come. Whether you have dust, pollen, pet dander, this treatment can provide relief.
Other Anti Allergy Suggestions
1. Vacuum the carpets often with a Hepa vacuum cleaner
2. Change your air system filters and try an anti-allergy filter, they are usually a different color other than white.
3. Find a competent and highly rated air duct cleaner that can clean out the air ducts as well as blow Shockwave into the air system killing most organic materials.
4. Get your A/C system coils cleaned when it's needed.
When to Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned
Although a slight amount of dust accumulation in your ducts is normal, there will come a time when you will need to have them professionally cleaned. Here are some things to consider when deciding if its time to clean your air duct system.
- If you find that your furniture and other surfaces are collecting more dust than normal
- Dirt is visible around your air duct registers and vents
- If you do not replace your filter on a regular basis, this can cause the system to become overloaded with particles.
- Possible microbial growth on parts of the system
- If you have done a recent renovation, that could lead to an excessive amount of pollutants in the system
Make sure the air duct cleaning company removes each register and their cleaning technique does not perforate your flex duct. In addition, the ducts must be cleaned from the opening all the way to the end of the duct run. Most companies clean the first 3 feet, but that does not offer a complete line cleaning. This must be done for both the supply ducts where the air comes out as well as the return ducts where the air goes in.
If your mechanical unit needs to be cleaned, make sure the technicians are properly EPA certified for mechanical unit access and cleaning.